One-on-One for Emerging Filmmakers
Date of the activity : Wednesday September 30th and Wednesday October 7th 2015
Location : ARRQ, 5154 rue St-Hubert, Montreal QC
Doc Circuit Montréal is pleased to announce the success of its 2015 edition of the ONE-ON-ONE FOR EMERGING FILMMAKERS – a two-day event for 10 selected emerging filmmakers.
The selected filmmakers received a pitch-training session with Bob Moore from EyeSteel Films on Wednesday September 30th, followed by a full-day of One-on-One meetings and consultations with 10 established documentary producers on Wednesday October 7th. Recent editions have shown these pitch sessions to be very successful, and have allowed directors to match themselves with producers and benefit from their expertise and consultation. Particularly, four projects from the past two editions have reported finding producers, of which three are currently in production.
The goal of the event is to encourage young creatives in developing tools and initiating new collaborations. One-on-One for Emerging Filmmakers seeks to stimulate the documentary field by encouraging inter-generational dialogue and offering a platform to exchange ideas and network with industry professionals.
All participants will be offered a discount on an all-inclusive pass for Doc Circuit Montréal’s 11th edition from November 14-18, allowing them access to all conferences, workshops, and all social events.
The following producers were present:
- Argus Films – Carmen Garcia
- Bunbury Films – Frederic Bohbot
- Esperamos Films – Isabelle Couture
- Lowik Media - Lucie Tremblay
- Magasin Général Média – Patrick Fauquembergue
- MC2 Communication Média – Jean-Simon Chartier
- ONF/NFB – Denis McCready
- Parabola Films – Sarah Spring
- Périphéria Productions – Yanick Létourneau
- Picbois Productions – Karine Dubois
- Julien Cadieux // RÉAL LESSARD
- Loveleen Kaur + Mariam Zaidi // BEHIND THE FARE
- Maxime-Claude L’Écuyer // LA PARESSE REDUX
- Ulysse Dikoumé Alechinsky // ANTTI LOVAG, L’ANARCHITECTE
- Vivian Belik // THE MINCOME SOLUTION
- Andrea Conte // CHANGE THE GAME
- Tiago Mc Nicoll-Castro-Lopes // LES MISKITOS ET LES RAMAS FACE AU CANAL
- Mark Seniuk // ROCK DOVE RACER
- Gisela Restrepo // INÈS
- Madonna Adib + Youssef Shoufan // SYRIAN EYES OF THE WORLD
- Filmmakers should have less than 3 years of documentary experience
- Submit a complete package:
- Motivational Letter
- Written proposal for ONE PROJECT ONLY (1-2 pages)
Wednesday September 30th – Pitch-Training Session with EyeSteelFilm
Wednesday October 7th – One-on-One Meetings with Producers
$35.00 - One-on-One for Emerging Filmmakers
$150.00 - One-on-One for Emerging Filmmakers + Doc Circuit Montreal (3 Days, All Access)
To submit your application, please send your projects by 5PM on September 15th 2015 to:
Production Coordinator, Doc Circuit Montreal
The selected candidates will be contacted the week of September 20th.
Presented with the financial support of Telefilm Canada and in collaboration with the Association des Réalisateurs et Réalisatrices du Québec (ARRQ). Special thanks to Boulangerie Guillaume and Dispatch.