Call for Submission
Call for submissions now open!
Quebec’s only film festival dedicated to documentaries, the Montreal International Documentary Festival (RIDM) presents the best reality-based films, including the works of established directors and new talents alike. Every November, RIDM screens approximately 140 domestic and foreign productions and hosts a dozen complementary activities such as workshops, master classes, debates and roundtables. The festival typically welcomes about 100 guests from outside Quebec, and hands out 11 awards selected by juries comprised of industry professionals.
Doc Circuit Montréal, the documentary market organized in parallel with the festival, hosts a dozen activities for documentary professionals, including workshops and presentations, and facilitates more than 1,500 business meetings.
The next edition of RIDM will be held from November 10 to 20, 2016.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
May 31, 2016 at midnight (UTC-5).
• RIDM accepts submissions of the following: short, medium-length and feature films, as well as interactive works (webdocumentaries, installations, mobile and tablet applications, as well as virtual and augmented reality projects).
• Works must be subtitled in either French or English (if the original language is neither French nor English).
• Incomplete submissions will not be considered (see "Submission Procedure" in the application form).
• Works already refused by RIDM may not be resubmitted.
• Selected films must grant RIDM the Quebec premiere, meaning they cannot have been broadcast, webcast or screened in Quebec before being shown at RIDM.
• Selected interactive works must grant RIDM the Quebec premiere, meaning they cannot have been the object of a presentation in Quebec before being shown at RIDM.
• Rough cuts are accepted, as long as a copy of the completed work is sent to the festival by August 31, 2016.
A submission fee is charged in order to cover administrative costs.
• Canadian submissions: CAN$25 + taxes (CAN$28.74), payable via Paypal or by cheque.
• International submissions: CAN$35 + taxes (CAN$40.24), payable via Paypal.
Canadian submission: http://form.zonefestival.com/?k=ridm_f1ls
International submission: http://form.zonefestival.com/?k=ridm_f2ls
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Telephone: +1 514-499-3676