Cuban Hat Pitch
After last year’s exciting Cuban Hat Pitch, Doc Circuit Montréal is pleased to present the event’s second edition in collaboration with the Cuban Hat Project. The competition, which is open to all Canadians, gives filmmakers the opportunity to benefit from crowdfunding, win numerous prizes in both cash and services, and build a community of interest around their project. Thirteen proposals were shortlisted and posted online for public comments and voting. Based on the public votes and the selection committee’s review, five finalists will be presented to the public during Doc Circuit Montreal. The purpose of the initiative is to provide collective support to promising documentary projects and help filmmakers to connect with their potential audience.
You are invited to attend the presentation of the five pitches, where you can also help choose the winner. The pitches, as well as comments from industry professionals, will be webcast to give the international community a chance to participate in the process. The votes of the expert panel and those of the live and online audiences will be combined to determine the winner.
Congratulations to the winners
1st place: Tamara Herman with Plenty's Paradox: Canadian Mining in Africa
2nd place: Jesse Freeston with Resistencia
3rd place: Vincent Toi with I've Seen the Unicorn
- Cash and service prize, as well as all the money collected through Cuban Hat crowdfunding;
- The Bell Fund will match the funds pledged by the public;
- $15,000 in services as well as equipment rental at Post-Moderne;
- $5,000 in post-production services at Audio Postproduction SPR;
- $5,000 in postproduction services and a membership at PRIM;
- 2 hardrives offered by 3DI Synthèses;
- 2 Hot Docs Forum passes ;
- 1 one-year membership to DOC Canada;
- $1000 in legal services at LUSSIER & KHOUZAM;
- 1 one-year subscription for Qui Fait Quoi plus an article on the winner;
- Brainstorm with Peter Wintonick.
For informations: email@example.com